Friday, November 12, 2010

Walking

Today, Isaac and I went for a walk. It wasn't a special walk, or completely out of the ordinary. But, while walking, I realized something: I am totally falling in love with our new neighborhood. We have prairie-style houses (which I never understood until I was in one), beautiful tree-lined streets, quiet neighborhoods in the middle of the city. People are friendly. There's plenty of parking. It's just a really great place to live.

I think one of my strengths is the ability to be content in almost any situation. This means that I am very content with where we are right now. The problem with being content is that I often don't get too deeply emotional about a situation, especially if I know that situation is temporary. Since I know that living in Columbus is not temporary, I'm really allowing myself to get in the spirit of living here. I'm taking my time, feeling like investing in friendships, knowing the neighborhoods, etc. is just the beginning of learning to love this place. This will be Isaac's hometown. That's pretty cool.

Also, I love going out in the autumn sun. No matter what the temperature, I don't have to worry about sunscreen, because the sun is so weak, it would never burn us!

No comments:

Post a Comment