Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fabulous Fall!

Apparently, there is a quintessential fall event happening right here today. It's called the Circleville Pumpkin Show, and Matt and I would love to go, but... There were several reasons that we didn't want to go today.

1. It's supposed to be super-crowded. We don't really enjoy crowds. (Like 400,000 people go to this event every year, over 3 days. That's insane!)

2. We don't want to spend much money.

3. We weren't sure how Isaac would behave.

So, we decided to wait until next year, when, hopefully, we will have a bit more of the following

1. Cooperation from Isaac (he'll be walking, at least)

2. Money

3. Understanding of the area

4. Time/Availability to go on a weekday

It sounds like fun that you have to make a huge effort to really enjoy. How fun is that, really? You know?

Sometimes, I really miss Cider Day. Fall in New England is unparalleled.

Although, that's not to say that I am unhappy or "homesick" for Massachusetts. I'm really not, I don't think. I definitely miss people, and some places and events. Plus, I really miss the ocean. But, it's not that different here. Matt and I have always been pretty independent, so we've made our own fun. And, living IN the city really has a lot of benefits and enables us to enjoy a lot more events. It's just... Well... I think there will always be things that I will miss about Massachusetts. There will always be things that I think of fondly. You know? I guess that's kind of what life is about, right? Remembering the good times, but not longing for them. It's like those people that long for their high school or college days. They spend their whole lives trying to recreate the past, when they should probably live for the present. I am not one of those people, at all. I like to think about where I am currently, and live life to the fullest where I am. But, that shouldn't invalidate all feelings of longing, right? Yes, there can be an unhealthy level of longing, but I don't have that. Not at all. I'm too present-minded to be unhealthy about it.

Anyway, long tangent to say that I miss Beverly, Massachusetts and people there. But, we are building a good life for ourselves here. Promise.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo...have to say, totally disagree. No effort. Busy, but so great. :) -Beth

    ReplyDelete