Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Transitions

Lord knows, I'm no good at transitions. Life is hard enough when routines are well established and life is allowed to just happen. But, when a transition comes, it's very difficult for me to deal with. One of the reasons I hated the college time in my life was due to all of the transitions (different semesters, summers back at home, etc.).

And, now, we're approaching a huge transition. And, I'm scared. I may as well admit it, right? I'm nervous, at least, if not fully scared.

I'm going back to work - full-time - after being at home with Isaac for the past 9 months. I'm trying to think about ways that I can be a great mother in the 3 hours/day that I will be seeing him (and full weekend days, of course!), but it's going to be difficult, I think. There will be lots of firsts that I will miss. I have to come up with some kind of plan. Any ideas would be appreciated.

So, God has given me this huge gift of being a stay-at-home mom for just about as long as I could handle it. And, now, we've gotten the huge gift of a serious, career job for me that gives me an opportunity to advance in my career and move up the corporate ladder, etc. So, we'll be financially stable, with great benefits, and we may even be ready to buy a house in a year or two. Crazy.

I know that this transition will be difficult -- that's what transitions are, anyway, right? -- but, I think we can do it. We have to do it, so we will do it, but I think we can weather this transition and be stronger on the other side.

Please pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment