Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter...


I'll be honest, I usually love winter. I love snow, I love bundling up, I love it all...

This year, though, it seems to be eternal winter. Granted, we had a very warm few days just a couple of weeks ago, but winter is so difficult when you have a small child. Really hard. Seriously, there's only so many times that you can play with your own toys and go up and down the stairs before everyone gets a little stir crazy.

I've tried to cope. I've tried to find indoor activities (free) that we can do... And, they really are great. The library downtown has an amazing playroom that's very well stocked. I go to Bible Study and baby laptime at the local library. I babysit Max and go to Target as often as possible. I've tried to connect with other people.

I hate to admit it, but I've failed. I'm beginning to hate winter.

Although, now that I have a Zoo pass, I may be inclined to like winter again. I know it sounds weird, but the Zoo is great in the winter! Really great. As long as it's not too windy.

Here's a picture that I shared on Facebook that shows how much Isaac and I love the Zoo...


So, maybe there's a way to salvage winter, yet. I sure hope so, because there's a long time until it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment