Sunday, August 15, 2010

Settling In

So, finally, our family is reunited!! It's been a little difficult, to be honest, but we're finally together, so that's a great thing.

Yesterday, I drove from Becket, MA (summer home of one of my coworkers), and drove straight to our new home. It was a pretty uneventful trip, except for the last half hour.

It was raining - pretty hard - on the road. It wasn't any big deal, I just needed to pay attention (you know, after 10 hours of driving, that can be a bit of a challenge). Suddenly, my driver's side windshield wiper stopped working. It just went up, but never came back down. So, I pulled over. And, I tried to fix it. Nothing worked, the windshield wiper was shot (maybe the motor??). Ummm.. What am I going to do? I'm only 15 miles away from our new home, and it's raining, but I have no windshield wiper!

So, I thought and thought and thought... And, I decided that I would try to drive in the rain. Guess what?! It wasn't any big deal to drive in (now light) rain without the wiper. I was so surprised!! The water beaded on the windshield, and really, I could see just fine.

All in all, it was a great trip, and I'm excited to be in our new home. It's mostly all unpacked, and I just need to organize a bit more of my things. Matt's a wonder husband! Now, I just need to find that job...

No comments:

Post a Comment